Benefits of Summer School
Written by Julie M. Armenta M.A., Education & Family Specialist & Founder of
Summer is rapidly approaching, and while your children are most likely looking forward to the lazy days of summer, as a parent you will want your child to continue developing the skills they have obtained over this past school year. Luckily, summer provides an excellent opportunity to take advantage of the rich array of educational activities Southern California has to offer.
Our area gives access to amazing summer programs and courses. Some of the facts and benefits of a summer program include:
• Summer learning programs have the potential to help children improve their current standing or even advance in school. Many students also use summer time to accelerate their learning track. Students can graduate early by taking two courses each summer program. Student can complete two semesters of work during the summer and graduate a full year early! This can cut down on costs and time for the high school and college students.
• It is important to keep kids excited about learning and their education at an early stage of their life to create lifelong learners.
• A summer program is an excellent choice for your child especially if he or she is having a difficult time staying engaged over the summer. It is an opportunity to catch up and fill in any gaps. Summer is also an opportunity to get extra help and reinforce what you didn't quite master during the regular school year.
• Summer programs can raise test scores and performance levels in a short period of time. Summer is an excellent time and opportunity to retake a course or replace credits for students.
• Statistics show that middle school children seem to benefit the most from their summer school experiences.
• It is very important to provide students with year-round academic, social and personal enrichment opportunities. I believe firmly that if you don't use it, you can lose it! Keeping the child's brain stimulated, engaged and empowered will help them be successful in school and life.
• Statistics show that we are more relaxed in the summer. Something in our human psyche to relax occurs and this casual attitude creates a much less formal environment which is more conducive to learning for many students.
Now that you and your child have decided to participate in a summer program or course, finding the program that is best for them is the next task. Take the time to spend with your child exploring Orange County and the surrounding area for the perfect program. Not only will they continue their learning process throughout the summer, but the time spent with your child is priceless in their development.
- - -
Julie M. Armenta, MA Founder & Education & Family
28062 Forbes Road. #B
Laguna Niguel, CA 92677
949-367-WISE (9473) or 949-433-0898
At Armenta Learning Academy, we are a supportive and thriving and loving environment for your child to have fun while learning. We can advance a child one whole grade level with a summer program. We look forward to a successful and stimulating summer while having fun in the sun!
Mrs. Armenta looks forward to working with your child on their academic journey, and having a successful school year. Armenta Learning Academy has an exciting summer program planned in which to fully take advantage of all Orange county has to offer this Summer. We also offer accelerated study, classes for credit, and remedial support. We provide Academic & Enrichment Programs, all learning needs including Special Needs and Gifted programs, Pre-K thru Adult, Onsite/Offsite, 7 days a week. Call for support in all subjects in your home or at the academy. .